Irvington area business owners and managers are invited to a free networking event on Wednesday, March 12, from 6:30 to 8 pm at Artisan Realtors, 5610 E. Washington St. Brittany Smith, Indy Community Manager for Yelp will speak briefly and entertain questions.
Open networking begins at 6:30. Refreshments provided by Jockamo Upper Crust Pizza and http://blackacrebrewing.com/home/.
Interested? It’s free. Please register here:
With the departure of Homespun: Modern Handmade to larger quarters at 869 Massachusetts Avenue, Irvington welcomes James Dant Men’s Clothing to our central business district sometime in mid-February. They will occupy Homespun’s former space at 5624 E. Washington St.
The makeover of the south side of Washington Street continues. Geneva Hair Studio now occupies gorgeous new space in the western half of the former Scooter Shop at 5541 E. Washington St. World of Vapor has been open for a few months at 5533 E. Washington St., providing a focused line of e-cigarette supplies, targeted to those who want to reduce or eliminate cigarette smoking.
Two other businesses are due to open in the coming months in the former Scooter Shop. We’ll update you on those as they get closer to opening.
Please support our neighborhood businesses. The atypically bad winter weather has reduced traffic and sales since early December for nearly every shop and restaurant. Unfortunately, the bills don’t get similarly reduced, and that can spell trouble for budgets, payrolls, and other necessities. So please give some extra love to your favorite Irvington small businesses!
This year’s holiday Luminaria is Sunday, December 22 from 6 to 10 pm. For complete, updated details, go here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1394560000788444/.
So much is going on tonight, it’s likely we’ve missed something. But here are still more reasons to come out tonight and enjoy the winter wonderland of Irvington:
- Custom Creations in Glass (16 S. Catherwood) offers 15% off today
- Ossip Optometry continues its anniversary sale with discounts on brand name frames
- Butler Place apartments (5230 E. Washington St.) celebrates with a Grand Opening open house from 5-7 pm
- Dufour’s has a traditional Italian dinner with musical entertainment
- Artisan Realtors hosts Audio Diner’s caroling contingent at 7pm
A big part of the Irvington commercial district’s “rebound” is due to the south side of Washington Street’s emerging business community. Find out for yourself tonight during the Holiday Open House.
- Check out Geneva Hair Studio’s expanded new location in the western half of the former Scooter Shop
- George Thomas Flowers hosts Pictures with Santa
- Roll With It Bakery offers a coupon for a free cookie with every Santa picture
- tHAIRapy Salon offers free hair tinsel tonight
- World of Vapor, Irvington’s newest shop, has special holiday deals on e-cigarette products
- Jack and Jill’s Antique Mall has refreshments and special prices
- Tiqueables has an extensive selection of antiques, vintage and records
- Shop Retulled for your holiday formal wear–both men’s and women’s clothing
- Bookmama’s, just around the corner on Johnson Avenue, hosts three author/booksignings tonight from 6-9 pm
- Gary Moore – Brown County Mornings
- Wes Sturdevant – Clever Little Hermes,
- Philip B. Wilson – 100 Things Colts Fans Should Know and Do Before They Die
This year, all of the carriage rides will be traveling down South Audubon Road, around the circle and back to Washington Street. You’ll get a great view of the shops in “Old Irvington”, where the downtown started back in the 1870′s, and the shops will have some enticements for you:
- Audubon Road Corner Store, Antiques Etc. will offer owner Helga Horvath’s signature homemade sauerkraut and other delights.
- Meet local artist Andrew Leonberger at Dream Designs and see his work.
- Irvington Vintage offers Christmas cookies, including some of Indy’s longtime favorite Roselyn Bakery specialties.
- The Magic Candle always has something intriguing going on.
- Kingston’s Kloset is Audubon’s newest addition, featuring gently used kids clothing
- Victor’s Minimart and Laundromat offers a wide variety of snacks and drinks, in addition to its neighborhood laundry services
Many Irvington businesses are doing something special for the annual Holiday Open House this Friday night (December 6) and we’ll be providing details right here. Irvington Wellness at 17 N. Layman Street has a lot in store for you:
They will be serving snacks, and selling salt lamps, salt votives, bath salts and more.
Customers can sample massages and Zero Balancing and there will be mini-yoga classes plus time in the Irvington Salt Room!
Adam Riviere will be at Irvington Wellness from 5 to 9 pm. Adam, from Playground Productions LLC brings a playground for all ages to enjoy music and celebrate family, friends, and community with world music and culture involving drums, flutes, and didgeridoos.
There will be a special appearance by belly dancer Jamila Ali at 7:00 pm.
Save the date! Friday, December 6 is the annual Holiday Open House. Many businesses will offer specials, refreshments and other goodies.
One of the highlights of the 67th annual Irvington Halloween Festival is the Art and Silent Auction, held Monday, October 21 at 7pm at Inhabit Gallery, 211 S. Ritter. More details here.
You’ll be able to bid on the original artwork by the top three poster designs, and limited, signed and numbered silkscreens of the top two will also be offered. Examples of the hand silkscreened posters are pictured here.
It’s Halloween time, and now you can get the brand new 2013 Irvington Halloween Festival poster, printed on sturdy stock at select neighborhood retailers for a measly $5:
Black Sheep Gifts
Custom Creations In Glass
Posters are also available at the official festival headquarters at 211 S. Ritter.